Located in the World Famous Barossa Valley, Greenock’s Old Telegraph Station is a great choice to stay for lovers of history, nature and culture. The cottage once served as one of the original telegraph stations linking Adelaide and Angaston operating from 1866, at a time when travellers stopped over in the area on the way to the Murray River.
Features two beautifully appointed bedrooms, features reverse cycle air conditioning, cosy living room with wood fire for cool winter nights, and a modern country-style kitchen including coffee machine. We have a fully enclosed backyard lawn area with BBQ and entertaining pergola.
The Barossa is renowned the world over for its premium wines and traditional foods. It is a place of scenic beauty with church spires reaching to the sky, gentle undulating hills, natural landscapes and historical buildings, a place that attracts people from all over the globe. Come and take a step back in time, follow the Historical Walk of Greenock, see its many original buildings.
Greenock is located 66 km from Adelaide on the Sturt Highway, it is characterised by tree-lined streets with shady peppercorn trees. The town was named by James Smith, the secretary of George Fifie Angas, after Greenock on the Clyde River in Scotland and is sometimes called Little Scotland in the Barossa Valley. The town is also located on the famous Heysen Trail..
Located is the main street of Greenock, its only a short walking distance to enjoy a meal at the Greenock Creek Tavern or visit our neighbours at the Barossa Brewing Company. Make sure you visit the nearby famous Murray Street Vineyard and Cellar door.
Many world famous wineries and restruants are only a short distance by car making Greenock the idea base for your stay in the Barossa Valley.
- Self-contained 2 bedroom cottage
- Superior main bedroom featuring Queen bed
- Deluxe bedroom featuring Double bed
- Large bathroom with 2 person spa
- Wood log fire & 32” LCD TV / DVD Player inc DVD Library
- Fully equipped kitchen, oven & cooktop, microwave
- Coffee & tea making facilities
- Reverse cycle split air conditioning
- Luxury bathrobes, all linen & bedding supplied
- Laundry facilities washering machine
- Close to wineries & walking & cycling trails
- Private enclosed lawn area garden
- Undercover outdoor entertaining area & stainless steel BBQ
- Free Bigpond Wireless Internet Access
- Complementary bottle of local Barossa Shiraz Wine
- Generous continental breakfast provisions
- Decanter of aged port wine
South Australiam Tourism Member (SATIC)
Bed & Breakfast Farmstay and Accommodation Australia Ltd Member (BBFAA)